DEMANDS OF STEWARDSHIP: KINGDOM ADDICTION
Until we become dead to self, we cannot be alive and committed to God; and in this generation, if you are not committed you will fall out of your stewardship duties.
One of the demands of stewardship is becoming kingdom addicted.
1 Cor. 4:1-2
A kingdom steward is a servant in the kingdom of God; he is one called to serve the king, he is the king’s waiter and a KINGDOM ADDICT.
WHO IS A KINGDOM ADDICT (Psa. 122)
- – He is one who is sold out for the good of the kingdom
- – He is a dedicated servant of the King
- – He is the one committed to moving the kingdom forward
- – He is one who can lay down treasures, time and life for the King. 1 John 3:16; Phil. 2:25-30
WHAT WE MUST BE ADDICTED TO AS KINGDOM ADDICTS
1. THE KING’S BUSINESS (1 Sam 21:8)
THE GOSPEL is our top priority. Luke 4:18, Rom 1:9, 16.
We need to:
- Preach it: 1 Cor. 9: 16
- Propagate it – tell others and win souls (Prov. 11: 30)
- Serve it by getting involved (Exo. 23: 25)
- Give into it/Invest in it: Matt 13: 44-46; Mark 10: 28-30
- Live for it
- Die for it: 1 John 3:16 (John 12:24) – die to self (Gal 2:20, Col. 3:5, Rom 8:13); die to selfish ambitions; die for what u believe; die for who you believe in (Matt. 24: 9-11).
2. PRAISING THE KING (Dan 4: 37; Jer. 30: 19)
3. SOUL WINNING (Prov. 11:30)
- Reaching out to the unbelieving and the backslidden. Luke 19:10
- Bringing in souls into the kingdom.
- Preaching, teaching and discipling the nations
- Bringing in harvest of souls into the kingdom
- Doing all it takes to bring a person to Christ. 1 Cor. 9:21-23
How to Win Souls:
- Personal invitations: John 1: 44-46
- Group of two or more: Mark 6: 7
- Compelled invitation: Luke 14: 16-24
- Mass evangelism: via crusades, the media etc.
4. PRAYING FOR THE CHURCH (Psa. 122:6, Acts 12:5)
- Creating and joining groups to intercede for the church
- Pray for each other instead of backbiting. James 5:16
- When we pray together, we stay together. Pray for pastors, workers, children and everyone in the church.
5. FINANCIAL COMMITMENT (Luke 8:1-3, 1 Chron. 29:2-5)
- Everything we have was given to us by God
- It releases the covenant of prosperity on us. Psa. 102:13-15
6. CARING FOR EACH OTHER
Model for caring can be found in Eph. 5:25, Gal 6:9-10
- Bear each other’s’ burdens
- Relate as a family
- Check and visit each other
- Walk in unity. Eph. 4:3-4
DEMANDS OF STEWARDSHIP
Luke 14: 28 – 33
What are the things kingdom stewardship will require from us?
FAITHFULNESS – 1 Cor. 4:1-2
Being faithful is a state of being truthful, honest and accurate in accountability.
Psa. 12: 1-2 – Faithful men are scarce. II Tim. 3:1-4
Blessings of Being Faithful:
- It attracts the right people to you.
- It qualifies you for more. Prov. 28:20
- It grants you access to God: Num. 12: 7-8; Psa. 101:6
LOYALTY – II Sam. 11: 9-15
- It’s to adhere strictly to someone or instruction
- To meet the expected trust
- A loyal person will not lie nor speak evil against his leader or master
- A disloyal person is dangerous: Prov. 25:19
Blessing of Being Loyal
- It builds long term friendships and relationships
- Like faithfulness, it also attracts the right people to you
DILIGENCE – Prov. 22:29
Act of being serious and brisk at work
Being hardworking and smart at work
Luke 2: 49, John 9: 4
Blessings of Being Diligent
- It makes you a commander. Prov. 12: 24
- It brings increase: Prov. 13: 4
SKILLFULNESS: Dan. 1: 17, Psa. 78: 72
Developing Kingdom Priorities
Matt 6: 33, Jer. 24: 7. Developing kingdom priorities involves:
- Developing a kingdom mindset: Phil 2: 5-8
- Developing kingdom focus: Matt. 6: 22. Everything else can wait but the kingdom.
- Keeping kingdom company: Prov. 13:20; Psa. 1:1-3
Read these scriptures for the covenant blessings of kingdom service – 1 Cor 15: 58; Exo 23: 25-27; Dan 6: 20-21; Dan 3: 30
Read more on KINGDOM PRIORITIES here
God bless you for reading!
Watch our live feeds on service days here
November 03, 2019
October 27, 2019
October 27, 2019