Songs of Solomon 2: 1-5
Marriage is not an automatic institution that you can set certain buttons, control some things and watch things work out. Marriage needs work and dedication of time spent together.
If couples do not rekindle the fire of love in their marriages, it will get boring.
Marriage was instituted basically for companionship, and the greatest force for companionship is COMMUNICATION. Where couples don’t talk, the marriage is dying!
Marriage starts with two and ends with two. Not with family members that cause a lot of interference! marriage is meant to be enjoyed not endured.
LEARN TO FALL IN LOVE AFRESH
Fall in love over and over with your partner.
- Know your life purpose first. The importance of purpose before partnership cannot be overemphasized. You have no business looking for a partner if you have not found your purpose. Marriage is a ministry; and if you mismanage your marriage and your partner, there are great and grave consequences.
- Forgive your past. Things you did in your past before you met with God is gone. With Christ, the past is gone; stop bringing your past into the present.
- Don’t set rigid standards. Don’t set unrealistic standards when looking for a partner.
- Understand your differences. A man thinks differently from a woman, and those differences need to be understood.
- Understand you can’t keep a man with sex. Thinking sex will keep a man is very wrong thinking, especially in this time and age.
- Visit your place of first meeting. If the places still exist, it helps to spark the memories when they are revisited.
- Go to places you attended together while courting.
- Woo/propose again and again
- Remind yourself of the vows
- Dress alike and attend functions together
- Do house chores together
- Go shopping together
PRACTICE TRANSPARENCY – GEN. 2:25
- No secrets. The secrets couples hide from each other can hurt them in the future.
- Become each other’s best friend
- Become each other’s confidant
AWAKEN YOUR SEXUAL APPETITE
- Dress and undress b4 each other
- Sleep in same room exposed
- Shower together
- Discuss your sexual desire together
- Never substitute sex for breastfeeding and other activities
PRACTICE PRACTICAL FORGIVENESS
- Understand each other
- Don’t take each other for granted
- Don’t treat her like a slave
A marriage that works is a union of two master forgivers. Two lovers are two great forgivers. Don’t keep offences.
Understand what the word of God says about your marriage and issues surrounding it.
UNDERSTAND MARITAL PRIORITY
- After God, it is your spouse and children, not parents.
- Get involved in your children’s upbringing; do it together
- Protect and secure your family. Build a fortified wall around your wife against relatives and friends that might want to talk her down. Never talk your wife down in the presence of others.
- Plan for your in-laws together
HANDLE FINANCE WITH WISDOM
November 03, 2019
October 27, 2019
October 27, 2019