Three things are very important for a business breakthrough to happen – VISION, NETWORKING, GLOBALIZATION
- No one can rise above the vision they have set for themselves.
- Your ability to network with people will determine how far you go, you alone cannot do so much.
- Globalization involves beyond yourself and your locality.
It’s obvious that God wants us to work and to prosper in our businesses.
1. GOD WANTS US TO ENGAGE IN PROFITABLE BUSINESS
Eph. 4:28 – God wants us to work and labour with our hands. Prov. 14:13. Only in work can profit come.
2. KNOW YOUR COMPETITORS
These are people or companies in the same line of business as you. Competition is everywhere, expect it!
What to Do About Your Competitors:
- Treat them as friends
- Plan to always be ahead
- Don’t expose your business secrets; doing this can take you out of business fast.
- Provide more excellent service to stay on top of the game.
3. SPECIALIZE, CREATE A NICHE FOR YOURSELF AND HAVE A LINE OF BUSINESS
You must stay persistently on a business. There is no wisdom in jumping from one business to the other – be known for something!
Ask yourself, what are you known for or want to be known for? Keep it in mind that before you can be known globally for that thing, you need to have been at it for about ten years!
4. DON’T GIVE UP AFTER A LOSS
In our scripture verse, the fishermen were washing their nets – they had given up because they had not caught anything.
Be ready as an entrepreneur to fail a few times – brands like Faraday, Ford, Tiger Woods failed but they did not give up. Philippians 3:12-15.
Failure is a neighbour to success – when you give up after failing, you have missed your chance at reaching a breakthrough.
What to Do About Losses:
- Handle your failure as a teacher. Let your failures teach you. A wise man learns from his mistakes.
- Understand market trends.
5. MAKE YOUR BUSINESS ATTRACTIVE
In verse 3 of our text, Jesus entered into Peter’s ship – the question is why Peter’s ship?
Ask yourself why people should enter into your business place; what efforts are you putting into making your business attractive? What efforts are you putting into making even yourself look attractive, to impress your customers.
Upgrade yourself and your business from time to time – people are looking for excellence every day!
What to Do to Make Your Business Attractive:
- Develop your public relations.
- Never reduce standard for price – quality people are attracted to quality.
- Clean up, paint and decorate your office. No amount spent on quality is a waste.
6. TRY SOMETHING NEW AND BIG
If you really want to breakthrough in business, you must dare to try something bigger than your capacity.
When you play too safe, you eventually find you are not safe at all!
Business people must be creative, inventive, willing to explore new territories. BUT take calculated risks! Isa 43:18-19
New things attract, but maintain good and excellent service in order to retain customer loyalty.
7. TAKE HOLD OF GOD’S WORD
No matter what you are going through in your business or what the economy is saying, take hold and hold on to God’s word. Peter listened to Jesus when He asked him to throw his net on the right side of the boat – and he reaped a bountiful benefit because he obeyed.
Plan big; don’t limit your net! You will not fail in Jesus’ name! It is your season of breakthrough – Peter’s breakthrough happened in verse 6.
I pray for you today, everything limiting you is removed in Jesus’ name. You are breaking through!
Other important points:
- Involve credible partners (read verse 7). You can’t succeed alone, network with others.
- Acknowledge God (vs 8; Prov. 3:5-7). Clarify each steps before action. Tithe your income
- Pray and prophecy always on your business.
God bless you for reading!
Read more teachings on our ENTREPRENEURSHIP SERIES here
Watch our live feeds on service days here
November 03, 2019
October 27, 2019
October 27, 2019